Thursday, May 9, 2013

Digicamo Couture




Well, not exactly couture, but I did finally realize my long-term dream of making full outfits from my patterns, in honor of an art show that I organized with half my cohort in OCAD University's IAMD (Interdisciplinary Masters in Art, Media, and Design) program, to celebrate and showcase a bit of what we've been working on this year. The show happened April 23-27 at Gallery West, in Toronto's Parkdale neighborhood. I was really happy and honored to be in such good company of my talented colleagues.

Here is the outfit. To make this dress, I traced an existing dress that I like, and sewed around the edges. I left the bottom unhemmed, but will probably clean it up. This dress also features a contrasting belt made from the pink digicamo, and the bandana is a piece of the fabric I silkscreen printed for my installation in the show. The piece I created for the show was another long-term dream, a silkscreen printed hyper-patterned DJ nook. See images in the next post.

No comments: